NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Wednesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Tuesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Kimberly-Clark (KMB), Johnson Controls (JCI), Coach (COH), Gannett (GCI), Brinker International> (EAT), CME Group (CME), Occidental Petroleum (OXY), Travelers (TRV), WellPoint (WLP) and Canadian National Railway (CNI).
Each of the stocks was rated buy at TheStreet Ratings.
See the complete Dividend Calendar.
Kimberly-ClarkThe health care products company announced on Feb. 28 that it increased its quarterly dividend to 74 cents a share from 70 cents. "Offsetting inflation with pricing and cutting costs through disciplined and institutionalized savings programs, the company continues to hit singles and doubles while sweeping cash each year to support high dividend yield and active share repurchase program," Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in a Feb. 23 report. "Still, valuation is somewhat extended relative to mid-single digit EPS growth algorithm. While shares remain a solid income option, we maintain our Hold rating." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 4.1% Rated "A (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was basically the same as last year. Kimberly-Clark has weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 0.62, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth decreased 11.28% from last year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $86.70. The stock closed Monday at $72.66 and has fallen 1.22% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV