Known as one of the “Fathers of Pop Art,” Roy Lichtenstein’s visual masterpieces and influence will soon be celebrated at both at the Art Institute of Chicago and on Bank of America’s iconic mural wall space adjacent to the Kennedy Expressway in Chicago.
Bank of America announced today a unique student art partnership with the Art Institute of Chicago and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), in conjunction with its global sponsorship of the new “Roy Lichtenstein: A Retrospective” exhibit that debuts at the Art Institute of Chicago on May 16. The partnership demonstrates the bank’s support of the local community by creating shared cultural experiences and fostering art education in Chicago.
Students from SAIC were recently asked to create original artwork that is a tribute to Chicago and in the style of Pop Art. A selection committee, comprised of representatives from the three partnering organizations, the Estate of Roy Lichtenstein and advertising agency BBDO, will then choose one student’s design to be painted as the mural to adorn three walls of the building that is located off the Kennedy Expressway near N. Ashland Ave. and W. Armitage Ave. in the Bucktown neighborhood.
The commissioned artist’s work will be announced in mid-March and then unveiled on the wall mural prior to the new Lichtenstein exhibition opening. The wall currently displays a placeholder to give the public a “teaser” about what is to come and directs them to bankofamerica.com/chicago to learn more about the program.“Bank of America is proud to support Roy Lichtenstein’s legacy and encourage a new generation of artists to celebrate what makes Chicago such a great city,” said Tim Maloney, Illinois president for Bank of America. “This partnership demonstrates our continued commitment to support arts organizations, and strengthens the economic and social health of our local communities.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV