The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 63.0 points (-0.5%) at 12,914 as of Monday, Mar 5, 2012, 10:34 a.m. ET. During this time, 158.8 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 775 issues advancing vs. 2,034 declining with 137 unchanged. Tuesday, March 6, 2012 is the ex-dividend date for Dow component Home Depot (NYSE:HD). Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 29 cents per share. At a price of $47.06 as of 10:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.4% compared to the average Dow component yield of 2.7%. services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 12.8% year to date as of Friday's close. The Home Depot Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a home improvement retailer. The company's stores sell a range of building materials, home improvement products, and lawn and garden products to do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me (D-I-F-M), and professional customers. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.2, below the average retail industry P/E ratio of 19.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
- You can view the full Home Depot Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV