BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- New month, new market . . . Or at least that's the theme that stocks have been playing since the calendar ticked over to 2012. Now that we've hit the first full trading week of March, can the rally continue?
By and large, all of the key fundamentals -- from employment to corporate earnings -- still look the same. At this point, it's the extraneous market factors (such as Europe's debt crisis and the price of oil) that are posing the most risk to Mr. Market in March. As the broad market consolidates right around newfound support at 1365 in the S&P 500 and 13,000 in the Dow, we'll need to see some sort of positive catalyst to start equities on the next leg of their rally.
Even though it's unlikely we'll see that today, there's a good chance that the spark could come later this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV