Smerklo, however, said that, region by region, it's difficult to identify a global spending trend, but acknowledged plenty of positive signs. "The mood, when you're speaking to the CEOs of global technology companies, is generally a bit better than it was a year ago."
John McAdam, the CEO of F5 Networks (FFIV), said orders suggest robust revenue ahead.
"We put in good sequential and year-over-year growth," he said during an interview following the networking specialist's fiscal first-quarter results. "We see the pipeline as pretty strong."
--Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV