Improving educator effectiveness is a large component of every current, major state and federal education initiative. In fact, the Education Commission of the States reports that 19 states have revamped their teacher evaluation systems in the past year--and many others are currently debating changes. These changes are also the result of federal programs, such as Race to the Top, the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, and the Teacher Incentive Fund grants.
To assist states and school districts as they undertake the critical task of developing and launching next-generation educator effectiveness systems, Pearson today unveiled a new guide, "Evaluating Teachers and Principals: Developing Fair, Valid, and Reliable Systems."
This guide aims to help policymakers, state board members, school district leaders, and other stakeholders as they design educator effectiveness systems that are fair, valid, and legally defensible.
"Moving to new ways of thinking about teacher evaluation and career development for educators requires transforming the cultures of schools and districts around the country. For this to occur, stakeholders at all levels, from parents to representatives of teachers to governmental officials, must be a part of the discussion,” said Cynthia G. Brown, Vice President for Education Policy at the Center for American Progress. “Pearson's new guide is intended to help build successful educator effectiveness systems and serve as a platform to foster a healthy national dialogue about the process, its challenges, and opportunities."Pearson's guide walks education leaders through numerous steps necessary to engage stakeholders effectively and build a strong policy framework for educator effectiveness systems. Steps include:
- Defining the construct for what constitutes an effective educator
- Deploying multiple indicators to reveal evidence that characterizes good teaching and school leadership
- Building strong data analysis and reporting tools to reveal useful information about students, educators, and schools, including how they perform and how they can continually improve through targeted feedback and ongoing professional development
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV