Pall Corporation ( NYSE:PLL) will present its new Acrodisc® MS Syringe Filter, the first syringe filter certified for low extractables in high performance liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LCMS) applications, at the 2012 Pittcon Conference and Expo. The Pittcon Conference will take place at the Orlando County Convention Center in Orlando from March 12-15, 2012.
Designed specifically for LCMS, the Acrodisc MS syringe filter improves the accuracy of testing, enhances LCMS performance, and extends the longevity of testing instrumentation. The filter’s low extractable levels minimize interference with the ionization process and reduce the need for retesting. This lowers costs while reducing downtime due to unexpected contamination. To ensure high performance, product tubes are packaged individually so that filters not currently in use remain sealed and protected from external contamination.
Constructed with Pall’s new WWPTFE membrane in a high density polyethylene housing, the Acrodisc MS syringe filter can be used with both organic and aqueous solvents. It offers excellent chemical resistance, good particulate retention, and minimal protein adsorption. This protects instrument columns from particulate build-up and reduces the frequency and cost of replacement. It also enables more consistent LCMS testing performance.
“Pall’s Acrodisc MS syringe filter is the newest innovation in our comprehensive line of syringe filters and the first LCMS-certified syringe filter that is low in extractables,” said Larry O’Connell, senior vice president, Pall Global Lab Products. “Coupled with our other well-known filtration products, the Acrodisc MS filter will continue our tradition of improving efficiencies and profitabilities of laboratory processes at all levels.”Highlights of Pall’s other product offerings at Pittcon (Booth 2433) will include the following:
- AcroPrep™ Advance Filter Plates provide high performance membranes in an optimized filter plate configuration for diagnostic, genomic and protein applications. New sealing technology and advanced tip design result in faster, uniform filtration rates, improving well-to-well, plate-to-plate and lot-to-lot consistency.
- Pall’s new Microsep™ Advance and Macrosep® Advance Ultrafiltration Centrifugal Devices simplify many common nucleic acid and protein handling procedures. This facilitates higher volumes of pure product and high recovery rates of up to 90 percent. Ultrafiltration reduces the amount of handling that can cause damage to samples, leaving concentrated samples ready for direct incorporation into downstream applications at critical stages in the discovery process. Pall’s microfiltration centrifugal devices are used in separation and small-scale general filtration procedures, and can be combined with chromatography resins to create a fast, efficient method for purifying proteins.
- High performance Acrodisc® PSF Syringe Filters expedite automated sample processing and clarification. The automation-certified Acrodisc filter is more retentive than standard 25 mm devices and is available with single-layered membranes or multi-layered glass fiber prefilters. Engineered for retention efficiency, Acrodisc PSF syringe filters with GHP membrane extend column life by as much as 46 times and provide two to four times the throughput of standard glass fiber prefilter devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV