Dollar Gains on Eurozone Concerns
Separately, there were no big surprises from China's high-profile meetings so far. The headlines focused on (1) the GDP target set at 7.5% from an 8.0% for the last several years; (2) the inflation target was set at 4%, the same as last year; (3) the increase in 11.2% in defense spending, which was actually lower than last year's spending, but still high enough to capture the media's attention.All in all, this seems consistent with China's "selective easing policy," which implies no large-scale stimulus as in 2008-2009 but still erring on the side of more stimulus, not less. As expected, Premier Wen focused his public address on financial sector and tax reforms, socialized housing and improving the living standards of low-income Chinese people.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV