NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- why big banks remain a risk worth taking;
- one sign that the current market's stronger than we think; and
- why Joy Global is a buy.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
A Leap Worth TakingPosted at 11:48 a.m. EST on Friday, March 2. Leaps of faith are often what drive stocks. This morning I was talking with David Faber, who revealed to me that the M&A activity has now been reduced to levels we haven't seen since November of 2003. Dark times. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner wrote a terrific op-ed piece today talking about -- reminding us -- how the banks caused the Great Recession. He's pounding the table not to let up on regulation. He's getting lots of press and airtime for his musings. We had a big deal today in Yelp (YELP), which got a lot of people excited. But what's most exciting about it is there's been so little excitement on the stock exchange floor that it stands out. Daunting. We have levels of volume that I expect only to see on semi-holidays or the hottest days of summer. Nothing good. Yet Goldman Sachs (GS) and Morgan Stanley (MS) and JPMorgan (JPM) remain the places to be. What's going on? I think that people know these companies are inventive and creative in their own ways. That they will find some way to make money and they are not static operations. They are all collectively leaps of faith at this moment. But I think the leap remains worth taking. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long JPM.
The Market's Change of Heart Posted at 1:58 p.m. EST on Thursday, March 1. I love it when stocks won't quit that should. It is a sign of a market that's much stronger than we think. Take Wynn Resorts (WYNN), which is a company I profiled on Tuesday on "Mad Money," using the terrific work of our own Scott Redler. We got what some would regard as subpar numbers out of Macau last night that normally would have caused Wynn to get hammered.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV