Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (the “Company”) (NYSE: KYN) today provided a summary unaudited balance sheet and announced its net asset value and asset coverage ratios under the Investment Company Act of 1940 (the “1940 Act”) as of February 29, 2012.
As of February 29, 2012, the Company’s net assets were $2.5 billion, and its net asset value per share was $30.07. As of February 29, 2012, the Company’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to senior securities representing indebtedness was 423% and the Company’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to total leverage (debt and preferred stock) was 324%.
|Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company|
|February 29, 2012|
|(in millions)||Per Share|
|Receivable for common stock offering||226.9||2.74|
|Receivable for securities sold||1.3||0.02|
|Credit facility borrowings||76.0||0.92|
|Payable for securities purchased||175.9||2.12|
|Deferred tax liability||645.2||7.79|
|The Company had 82.87 million common shares outstanding as of February 29, 2012.|
Long-term investments were comprised of Midstream MLP (67%), MLP Affiliate (9%), General Partner MLP (7%), Shipping MLP (5%), Propane MLP (2%), Upstream MLP & Income Trust (3%) and Coal MLP & Other (7%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV