By The Associated Press(equals)
The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 2.73 points to close at 12,977.57. The Nasdaq composite index fell 12.78 points to 2,976.19. The broader S&P 500 index fell 4.46 points to 1,369.63.
U.S. Benchmark West Texas Intermediate crude, which is used to price much of the oil produced in the Midwest, fell by $2.14 to finish at $106.70 per barrel on Friday in New York. Brent crude, imported by many U.S. refineries to make gasoline, fell by $2.55 to end at $123.65 per barrel in London.In other energy trading, heating oil fell 7 cents to finish at $3.20 per gallon and gasoline futures fell 8 cents to end at $3.27 per gallon. Natural gas futures rose 2 cents to finish at $2.48 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV