What about the learning curve for less tech-savvy people?
Pugh: The user interface design of these new devices and the time that's put into making the app very usable bridges that gap, whether it be swiping a credit card or remotely accessing a PC or a camera to take a document and fax it.
What are some good uses of mobile technology for small businesses?Pugh: Credit card processing off a mobile device is a great way to be able to do business in a variety of different settings. Using the camera in the device to be able to do both taking pictures and video. For someone who has remote offices, video conferencing can be a fantastic way to maintain contact with customers or employees. Using the camera is also great way to do documentation; essentially it serves as a scanner that can document insurance claims or for interior designers to be able to take pictures of different environments. Being able to take the picture
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV