HOPKINTON, Mass., March 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) remains the leading provider of external disk storage systems for the 15th consecutive year in factory revenue, according to the latest IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker, March 2012. Additionally, EMC ended 2011 with more than 2X the revenue, and captured more than 2X the market share of the next closest vendors between 2010 and 2011. During the same period, EMC grew revenue at more than 2X the full market rate. In the fourth quarter of 2011 EMC grew worldwide external disk storage systems revenue by 22.4%, and gained 3.5 points of market share over the fourth quarter of 2010. The next two closest vendors were IBM, which lost 1.2 points, and NetApp, which gained less-than 1 point of market share.
EMC attributes this growth and sustaining leadership to delivering a range of new storage technologies and global adoption of EMC's best-of-breed storage portfolio, helping customers transform their IT Infrastructures and maximize today's market opportunities in cloud computing, Big Data, virtualization, and next-generation backup.
With the introduction of the VNX™ family in 2011, EMC delivered a formidable offering that far exceeds the capabilities of more narrowly focused storage vendors. The VNX family is complemented by EMC's market-leading Backup and Recovery solutions, Symmetrix VMAX™ and VMAXe™ storage, Isilon™, and EMC Atmos.EMC is delivering on its commitment to expand its service provider and partner ecosystems. Service providers around the world are increasingly adopting EMC storage as the backbone of their cloud service offerings. Additionally, in 2011 over 1,700 partners began selling EMC products for the first time, and revenue from these new partners in 2011 accounted for almost half of EMC's channel revenue growth in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV