NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are five ETFs to watch this week.
iShares Gold Trust (IAU)
During the middle of last week, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke commented on his monetary policy before the House Financial Services Committee. While his statements touched on a number of topics, he remained mum on was the likelihood of a new round of quantitative easing.
With hopes of QE3 fading, the markets surrendered to selling pressure and major stock indices slid into negative territory. These losses were contained, however, compared to the steep drop-off seen from gold. On Wednesday, shares of IAU fell over 5% -- the first decline of this magnitude in 2012.
The Nasdaq, for instance, has managed to surge back to the 3,000 mark for the first time since the start of the new millennium. Some have contended that this event is more important than the Dow's. However, I feel that both pose as exciting and encouraging signs of how far we have come since the depths of the Great Recession. Pimco Total Return Exchange-Traded Fund (TRXT) Actively-managed ETFs have endured a rough ride as investors remain hesitant about venturing away from the passive products they have grown accustomed to. One company, however, that has managed to see some success in this field has been Pimco. The firm's Pimco Enhanced Short Maturity Strategy Fund (MINT) has amassed an impressive following, evidenced by its $1.4 billion in assets under management. During the latter half of last week, the fixed income giant announced the launch of its newest actively-managed fund, the Pimco Total Return Exchange-Traded Fund (TRXT).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV