ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TBT) -1.8%
As U.S. stock market indices slide into the close, investors are regaining an appetite for safe haven asset classes. As TBT heads into negative territory, the iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT) is enjoying approximately 1% gains. The U.S. dollar is gaining ground as well. The PowerShares DB U.S. Dollar Index Bullish Fund (UUP) is up over 0.5%.
iShares MSCI Sweden Index Fund (EWD) -1.5%
After Thursday's climb, ETFs linked to the troubled European Union are again heading lower. The losses are not exclusive to the monetary bloc, however. On the contrary, EWD and the iShares MSCI Switzerland Index Fund (EWL) (EWL) are following the iShares MSCI Italy Index Fund and iShares MSCI Germany Index Fund (EWG) into the red.All prices as of 2:11 PM EST. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV