Yelp, the global online business review site, opened for trading today on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “YELP” after its initial public offering in which it raised $107.25 million in gross proceeds. CEO Jeremy Stoppelman, joined by members of Yelp’s management team and employees from their New York office, celebrated the company’s first day of trading on the NYSE by ringing The Opening Bell SM.
Yelp CEO Jeremy Stoppelman, along with members of the company's management team and employees from the NY office, rings The Opening Bell to celebrate Yelp's IPO and first day of trading on the NYSE (Photo: Business Wire)
“We’re thrilled to welcome Yelp to our growing community of innovative technology companies,” said Scott R. Cutler, EVP and Co-Head of U.S. Listings and Cash Equities, NYSE Euronext. “Yelp is a popular destination for consumers around the globe, providing a dynamic user-generated online platform to review local businesses. We congratulate Yelp on its IPO and look forward to a long-standing partnership with the company and its shareholders.”
“Over the past seven years our team has worked tirelessly to improve the Yelp experience for consumers and local businesses, and as a result there are countless numbers of people who have benefitted from that hard work and the power of Yelp communities all over the world. Today is a time to pause briefly to reflect on how far we've all come and to celebrate the fact that Yelp has become a trusted source to connect with great local businesses,” said Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO and Co-founder, Yelp. “Our transition to the public markets is just the beginning of a new and very exciting chapter for Yelp. We are excited and proud to make Yelp available on the New York Stock Exchange and it's great to know that their legacy and platform is something we can rely on as we continue to grow our business."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV