Each of the stocks is rated buy at TheStreet Ratings.
Philip Morris International
Shares of Philip Morris International hit a 52-week high Friday of $84.46. The stock's 52-week low of $60.45 was set on Oct. 4."Novel, relevant product introductions and innovative line extensions should continue to drive PM's momentum, particularly in the Asian market," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a Feb. 23 report. "In Japan, PM views its 28.2% share in Q4 as its 'base share' and has new product launches planned throughout 2012 to build on momentum in that market. Innovative Marlboro line extensions have also been an area of focus, esp. around menthol products in the growing Asian menthol segment. Also, PM noted the potential in key Asian markets; Indonesia, Philippines and Japan due to growing adult smoking populations and increased economic prospects. Furthermore, we are encouraged by Marlboro's new brand architecture which continues to drive volume." Philip Morris International has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 14.3 times; the average for tobacco companies is 11.92. For comparison, both Altria Group (MO) and Lorillard (LO) have lower forward P/Es of 12.68 and 13.04, respectively. Thirteen of the 21 analysts who cover Philip Morris International rated it buy. Seven analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Philip Morris International a B grade with a buy rating and a $104.97 price target. The stock has risen 7.38% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV