(Updated from 2:41 p.m. EST to include analysis on jobs in China.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Plenty of people love Apple (AAPL) for its iPhones, iPads and Mac computers, but a new study finds they may also like the tech giant for keeping them employed, at least indirectly.
A study by Analysis Group posted on Apple's Web site finds that the Cupertino, Calif.-based company created 304,000 jobs, either directly or indirectly, across the U.S. Taking into account the 210,000 jobs stemming from the "app-economy," Apple is responsible for 514,000 jobs being created or supported in the U.S. alone.
Of the 304,000 jobs, the study notes 47,000 of them are at Apple, with the other 257,000 at companies like Corning (GLW), FedEx (FDX) and UPS (UPS), which either make parts for Apple products or deliver them to customers.There are 27,350 employees at Apple's 246 retail stores in America, and Apple makes sure to note the majority of them are full-time employees eligible for benefits. Apple also has its customer support jobs in the U.S., with 7,700 AppleCare Advisors. As apps continue to pop up in the App Store, Apple notes "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV