NEW YORK (LowCards.com) -- Think twice about what you buy with a credit card because your personal shopping information is collected by Visa (V), MasterCard (MA), banks, credit card issuers and smart wallets, then sold to advertisers and marketers.
Like it or not, advertisers and businesses want to know about your spending habits so they can target you to buy their products and services. Credit card networks and issuers have enormous databases of purchase and shopping data which they aggregate, package and sell.
|Think twice about what you buy with a credit card if you don't like information about you being sold to advertisers.|
Every purchase you make says something about you. This data are collected and you are grouped with others who have similar interests and spending patterns. Businesses then deliver ads aimed specifically to your group.
For years, "cookies" have been used to gather information about your online behavior to create a personal profile and target ads based on that profile. Access to transaction data from your debit or credit card fills in the gaps with purchases you've made in the offline world.Your name, Social Security number and bank account are never disclosed to the business or merchant. Customers are represented by numeric codes so individuals remain anonymous.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV