Medidata Solutions (MDSO) is a provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) based clinical technology solutions. This stock is trading up 3.1% at $20.67 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 336,000Average Volume: 272,141 Volume % Change: 96% From a technical perspective, MDSO is bouncing off its 200-day moving average today and it has started to move above its 50-day moving average of $20.53 on heavy volume. Traders should continue to look for long biased trades in MDSO as long as it's trending above its 50-day moving average and it closes near its daily highs of $20.72. If we get that action, then look for MDSO to re-test its next significant overhead resistance levels at $22.50 to $24.60 in the very near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV