NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Tuesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Monday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Home Depot (HD), Kronos Worldwide (KRO), Gardner Denver (GDI), MDU Resources Group (MDU) and TAL International Group (TAL).
Each of the companies received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The No. 1 home-improvement retailer reported fourth-quarter earnings last month of $774 million, or 51 cents a share, up from year-ago earnings of $587 million, or 36 cents."Shorter term, the housing trade is playing out again on renewed hopes of a sustained rebound and P/E multiples have expanded," Jefferies analysts wrote in a Feb. 22 report. "At this level, housing data points will remain important, particularly as we get past easy weather comparison months like January and into the heart of the spring/summer season. We are primarily focused on housing inventory and price stabilization -- this could be at risk if more supply increases now that a mortgage settlement has been reached with the banks." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 2.4% Rated "A+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin remained about the same as last year. Home Depot has very weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 0.34, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth decreased 5.24% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $59.50. The stock closed Friday at $47.41 and has risen 12.77% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV