Another stock that's trading within range of a breakout is Petroleum Development (PTD), an independent natural gas and crude oil company that explores for and acquires, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil resources. This stock is hasn't done much in 2012, with shares virtually flat on the year.
If you take a look at the chart for Petroleum Development, you'll see that this stock has been uptrending strong since the middle of January. During that uptrend, the stock has started to form a pattern of higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish price action. Now shares of Petroleum Development are within range of a potentially big breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV