Apple's invitation, sent out earlier this week, featured part of a tablet screen, confirming expectations of a major iPad announcement. "We have something you really have to see. And touch," the tech giant said.
The Apple rumor mill has been churning full speed ahead of the event at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. There has, for example, been chatter that a new iPad will feature Retina Display, an updated processor for improved speed and computing power, and a longer battery life. There has also been talk the new iPad will be Long Term Evolution (LTE) ready, capable of running on the 4G networks from AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ).The gadget would bump up Apple's stock even more so. Apple, which has recently been hitting new highs, sold a record 15.4 million iPads during its recent fiscal first quarter, just about double that of the year-earlier period. Which features would you most like to see in the new iPad? Tell us about it on TheStreet's latest poll:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV