LAS VEGAS, March 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Anyone who has pressed the OnStar button and spoken to someone on the other end knows how helpful these advisors can be, but the hardware behind the button is what makes the connection possible.
For the second consecutive year, OnStar was awarded a Stevie Award ( http://bit.ly/xBH74J), this time for "Best Use of Technology in Customer Service." OnStar won a Stevie in 2011 for Customer Service Department of the Year in Telecommunications.
OnStar has significantly enhanced the customer's experience in the last year. OnStar For My Vehicle (FMV) ( http://bit.ly/lIrmc1) was introduced last July, enabling 100 million other drivers to add OnStar service though an aftermarket rearview mirror.OnStar also expanded the way drivers can get directions, by adding the option to send a destination from their smartphone to their vehicle ( http://bit.ly/xNkdns) using the OnStar RemoteLink App. Also, OnStar Emergency Advisors began receiving Emergency Medical Dispatch training, so they can provide critical medical advice to victims while they wait for help to arrive on scene. More than 3 million calls are received by OnStar advisors every month. The most popular service requests are for:
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation: more than 2 million requests per month
- Remote Door Unlocks: nearly 60,000 requests per month
- On-demand Vehicle Diagnostic updates: about 55,700 requests per month
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts