The Most Unprofessional Job Interview I Ever Had
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Job seekers should know that walking into an interview half an hour late or wearing shorts and sandals could ruin their chances of landing the position, but what happens when it's the interviewer who does this?
After publishing an article this week about the most unprofessional behavior job candidates have displayed during the course of an interview, we decided to flip the tables and ask readers for their stories of hiring managers and human resources professionals acting unprofessionally. The responses ranged from tardiness to odd personal ticks.
|It's not just applicants who occasionally act unprofessionally in a job interview.|
"I once had an interview for the position of secretary. This was back in the day of people taking shorthand, so stenography was required. The 'boss' doing the interview dictated a very detailed 'dear john' letter," Geralyn Mott wrote on our Facebook page. "I was offered the job but did not accept it."
Another reader, Stephanie Steiger, says she went in for an interview only to have the interviewer show up 20 minutes late. If that wasn't bad enough, the interviewer decided to put his feet up on his desk while they were talking.And then there's Mery Khatchatrian, who had an interview with a bank branch manager who practically slept through their entire meeting. Then things got really weird.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV