That's the argument that's been popping up in the headlines more and more in the past couple of months. The idea that dividends could be facing a bubble is a scary one. After all, these are the names that risk-conscious investors normally turn to avoid speculative forces, not to exploit them. But all of the dividend bubble talk warrants a quick look at what's really going on in dividends right now.
Bubbles can happen anywhere. They're all about insane valuations. So do dividends look like they're entering bubble territory?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV