Transatlantic And Alleghany Announce Preliminary Merger Consideration Election Results
Additional Information about the Proposed Transaction and Where to Find It
This communication contains information about a proposed merger between Transatlantic and Alleghany. In connection with the proposed merger, Alleghany has filed with the SEC, and the SEC declared effective on January 5, 2012, a registration statement on Form S-4, which includes Transatlantic’s proxy statement as part of the joint proxy statement/prospectus, that provides details of the proposed merger and the attendant benefits and risks. This communication is not a substitute for the joint proxy statement/prospectus or any other document that Transatlantic or Alleghany may file with the SEC or send to their stockholders in connection with the proposed merger. Investors and security holders are urged to read the joint proxy statement/prospectus, and all other relevant documents filed with the SEC or sent to stockholders as they become available because they will contain important information about the proposed merger. You may obtain a free copy of the joint proxy statement/prospectus and other relevant documents filed by Transatlantic and Alleghany with the SEC at the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. You may also obtain these documents by contacting Transatlantic’s Investor Relations department at Transatlantic Holdings, Inc., 80 Pine Street, New York, New York 10005, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by contacting Alleghany at Alleghany Corporation, 7 Times Square Tower, New York, New York 10036.
This communication does not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities, or a solicitation of any vote or approval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV