Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd Stock Downgraded (BIN)
- PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS swung to a loss, reporting -$1.66 versus $0.76 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1588.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $19.91 million to -$296.19 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.02 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, BIN maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.76, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $115.22 million or 4.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS has marginally lower results.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts