Goldman Sachs Group Inc Stock Upgraded (GS)
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 307.01% to $19,215.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 307.01%, GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 391.70%.
- 45.60% is the gross profit margin for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GS's net profit margin of 12.60% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Despite the weak revenue results, GS has outperformed against the industry average of 43.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 22.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $4.41 versus $13.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($11.35 versus $4.41).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 57.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2,387.00 million to $1,013.00 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV