The online business review company sold 7.15 million shares in the offering, raising $107 million, according to The Wall Street Journal. The company's stock is expected to start trading Friday on the New York Stock Exchange.
In the company's latest S-1 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Feb. 16, Yelp said it lost $16.9 million in 2011 on revenue of $83.3 million, wider than its loss of $9.7 million in 2010 on revenue of $47.7 million.
Yelp also said in its filing that the majority of the reviews on its site are of restaurants (42%) followed by shopping (20%), and that it averaged 66 million unique visitors on a monthly basis for the December-ended quarter, up 67% from the same period in the prior year.--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV