In the release dated March 1, 2012, add the distribution declaration dates above the Quarterly Taxable Distribution Per Share table.
The corrected release reads:
NUVEEN CLOSED-END FUNDS DECLARE QUARTERLY DISTRIBUTIONS
Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions as well as individual investors, today announced regular quarterly distributions for 18 Nuveen closed-end funds. These funds represent a broad range of equity and taxable fixed-income investment strategies for investors seeking to build sophisticated and diversified long-term investment portfolios for cash flow.Distributions of income from Nuveen's taxable closed-end funds are generally subject to Federal income taxes. In addition, distributions for certain funds investing in real estate investment trusts (REITs) may later be characterized as capital gains and/or a return of capital, depending on the character of the dividends reported to each fund after year-end by REIT securities held by each fund. Funds that may be affected by such re-characterization are noted on our web site at http://www.nuveen.com/corporate/taxinfo/Default.aspx. Each of these 18 funds has adopted a managed distribution program. The goal of a fund’s managed distribution program is to provide shareholders relatively consistent and predictable cash flow by systematically converting its expected long-term return potential into regular distributions. As a result, regular distributions throughout the year will likely include a portion of expected long-term gains (both realized and unrealized), along with net investment income and/or a return of capital. Important points to understand about Nuveen fund managed distributions are:
- Each Nuveen fund seeks to establish a relatively stable distribution rate that roughly corresponds to the projected total return from its investment strategy over an extended period of time. However, you should not draw any conclusions about a fund’s past or future investment performance from its current distribution rate.
- Actual returns will differ from projected long-term returns (and therefore a fund’s distribution rate), at least over shorter time periods. Over a specific timeframe, the difference between actual returns and total distributions will be reflected in an increasing (returns exceed distributions) or a decreasing (distributions exceed returns) fund net asset value.
Each quarter’s distributions are expected to be paid from some or all
of the following sources:
- net investment income (regular interest and dividends),
- realized capital gains, and
- unrealized gains, or, in certain cases, a return of principal (non-taxable distributions)
- A non-taxable distribution is a payment of a portion of the fund’s capital. When fund returns exceed distributions, it may represent portfolio gains earned, but not realized as a taxable capital gain. In periods when fund returns fall short of distributions, it will represent a portion of your original principal unless the shortfall is offset during other time periods over the life of your investment (previous or subsequent) when the fund’s total return exceeds distributions.
- Because distribution source estimates are updated quarterly based on a fund’s performance and forecast for its current fiscal year (which is the calendar year for all the funds listed below), these estimates may differ from both the tax information reported to shareholders in their fund’s 1099 statement, as well as the ultimate economic sources of distributions over the life of their investment.
|Record Date||March 15, 2012|
|Ex-Dividend Date||March 13, 2012|
|Payable Date||April 2, 2012|
|Reinvest Date||April 2, 2012|
|Quarterly Taxable Distribution Per Share|
|JGV||Global Value Opportunities Fund||.3450||-|
|JTA||Tax-Advantaged Total Return Strategy Fund||.2200||-|
|JTD||Tax-Advantaged Dividend Growth Fund||.2600||-|
|JCE||Core Equity Alpha Fund||.2700||-|
|QQQX||NASDAQ Premium Income & Growth||.3020||-|
|JRS||Real Estate Income Fund||.2300||-|
|JPZ||Equity Premium Income Fund||.2710||-|
|JSN||Equity Premium Opportunity Fund||.2790||-|
|JLA||Equity Premium Advantage Fund||.2840||-|
|JPG||Equity Premium and Growth Fund||.2800||-|
|DPD||Dow 30 SM Premium & Dividend Income Fund Inc.||.2660||-|
|DPO||Dow 30 SM Enhanced Premium and Income Fund Inc.||.2180||-|
|JDD||Diversified Dividend and Income Fund||.2500||-|
|JPC||Multi-Strategy Income and Growth Fund||.1900||-|
|JQC||Multi-Strategy Income and Growth Fund 2||.2000||-|
|JGG||Global Government Enhanced Income Fund||.3100||-|
|JGT||Multi-Currency Short-Term Govt Income Fund||.3130||-|
|GCF||Global Income and Currency||.2250||-|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV