The Board of Directors of WGL Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: WGL), the parent company of Washington Gas Light Company, today voted to increase the quarterly dividend on its common stock to $0.4000 per share from $0.3875 per share. This change increases the annualized dividend level to $1.60 per share from $1.55 per share.
This annual increase is the 36th consecutive year that WGL Holdings, Inc. has increased the cash dividend on its common stock. The company has one of the longest dividend payment records on the New York Stock Exchange, with 161 years of dividend payments to shareholders.
The new quarterly dividend is payable May 1, 2012, to shareholders of record on April 10, 2012.
In addition, Washington Gas Light Company, a utility subsidiary of WGL Holdings, Inc., declared regular dividends today on all classes of the utility company's preferred stock as follows:
|Class of Serial|
|Preferred Stock||Dividend Per Share|
|$ 4.25 Series||$ 1.0625|
|$ 4.80 Series||$ 1.20|
|$ 5.00 Series||$ 1.25|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV