The Board of Directors of WGL Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: WGL), the parent company of Washington Gas Light Company, today voted to increase the quarterly dividend on its common stock to $0.4000 per share from $0.3875 per share. This change increases the annualized dividend level to $1.60 per share from $1.55 per share.
This annual increase is the 36th consecutive year that WGL Holdings, Inc. has increased the cash dividend on its common stock. The company has one of the longest dividend payment records on the New York Stock Exchange, with 161 years of dividend payments to shareholders.
The new quarterly dividend is payable May 1, 2012, to shareholders of record on April 10, 2012.
In addition, Washington Gas Light Company, a utility subsidiary of WGL Holdings, Inc., declared regular dividends today on all classes of the utility company's preferred stock as follows:
|Class of Serial|
Dividend Per Share
|$ 4.25 Series||
|$ 4.80 Series||
|$ 5.00 Series||
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV