Income from operations increased by $1.4 million to $10.3 million.
* A reconciliation of the non-GAAP measure (Adjusted EBITDA) to the nearest GAAP measure can be found in the accompanying tables below.
As of January 3, 2012, there were 773 system-wide Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Noah's New York Bagels®, and Manhattan Bagel® branded restaurants in operation. During the fourth quarter of 2011, the Company added fifteen net restaurants to its operations including five locations in the Portland, Oregon area through its acquisition of Kettleman Bagel Company.Fiscal Year 2012 Guidelines The Company is providing the following guidelines for its fiscal year 2012, which is a 52-week period.
- 60 to 80 system-wide openings, including eight to twelve Company-owned restaurants, twelve to fourteen franchise restaurants, and 40 to 54 license restaurants.
- Restructuring expenses of $0.5 million to $0.8 million related to the closing of the four remaining commissaries.
- Capital expenditures of $24 million to $26 million.
- Commodity inflation of 2% to 3%.
- To date, the Company has secured price protection on 88% and 93% of its wheat and coffee requirements, respectively.
- An annual effective tax rate of 39%; however, the Company will continue to only pay minimal cash-taxes for the next several years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV