Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BAGL), a leader in the quick-casual segment of the restaurant industry operating under the Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Noah's New York Bagels®, and Manhattan Bagel® brands, today reported financial results for the 14-week fourth quarter and 53-week fiscal year ended January 3, 2012.
Highlights for the 14-Week Fourth Quarter 2011 Compared to the 13-Week Fourth Quarter 2010:
- Total revenues increased 8.6% to $115.1 million from $106.1 million, including $7.3 million for the 14 th week in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- System-wide comparable store sales increased 1.2%.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $16.8 million compared to $14.0 million. (*)
- Net income available to common stockholders of $6.1 million; or $0.36 per diluted share, which included $0.03 per diluted share for restructuring expenses, compared to $3.6 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, which included $0.01 per diluted share for restructuring expenses.
- The impact of the 14 th week in the fourth quarter of 2011 was approximately $0.03 per diluted share.
Highlights for the 53-Week Fiscal Year 2011 Compared to the 52-Week Fiscal Year 2010:
- Total revenues increased 2.9% to $423.6 million from $411.7 million, including $7.3 million for the 53 rd week in fiscal year 2011.
- System-wide comparable store sales increased 0.4%.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $44.5 million compared to $45.3 million. (*)
- Net income available to common stockholders of $13.2 million; or $0.78 per diluted share, which included $0.04 per diluted share for restructuring expenses, compared to $11.3 million, or $0.67 per diluted share, which included $0.01 per diluted share for restructuring expenses.
- The impact of the 53 rd week in fiscal year 2011 was approximately $0.03 per diluted share.
- Paid $6.3 million in common dividends.
Jeff O’Neill, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We delivered strong results in the fourth quarter characterized by revenue growth and positive comparable store sales along with substantial improvements in our adjusted EBITDA and net income. Although higher commodity costs pressured store-level margins, we effectively controlled other expenses and completed phase one of our cost efficiency program, delivering $2.7 million in savings. We also expanded our system by 55 restaurants in 2011, primarily through franchising and licensing, reduced our debt, and returned capital to our shareholders through our ongoing dividend program.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV