The Empire District Electric Company (the “Company”)(NYSE:EDE) announced its call for redemption of (1) all $74,829,000 aggregate principal amount of the Company’s First Mortgage Bonds, 7.00% Series due 2024, (2) all $5,200,000 of the Company’s First Mortgage Bonds, 5.20% Pollution Control Series due 2013 , and (3) all $8,000,000 of the Company’s First Mortgage Bonds, 5.30% Pollution Control Series due 2013. The redemption date for each series of bonds has been set for April 1, 2012. The entire principal amount of each series of bonds will be redeemed in full at a redemption price equal to 100% of the principal amount thereof, plus accrued interest to but not including the date of redemption, calculated as provided in the bonds and in the underlying Indenture of Mortgage and Deed of Trust.
The Company expects to finance the redemption with a private placement of first mortgage bonds.
Based in Joplin, Missouri, The Empire District Electric Company (NYSE: EDE) is an investor-owned, regulated utility providing electric, natural gas (through its wholly owned subsidiary The Empire District Gas Company), and water service, with approximately 215,000 customers in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. A subsidiary of the Company also provides fiber optic services. For more information regarding Empire, visit www.empiredistrict.com.
Certain matters discussed in this press release are “forward-looking statements” intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Such statements address future plans, objectives, expectations, and events or conditions concerning various matters.
Actual results in each case could differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements, by reason of the factors noted in our filings with the SEC, including the most recent Form 10-K.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV