NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Zynga (ZNGA) shares jumped 6.3% to $14 in late afternoon trading on Thursday after the FarmVille creator launched its own gaming platform outside of Facebook. The social gaming company had been criticized by some investors by relying too much on Facebook, which takes 30% of all revenue generated through Zynga's titles.
Apple (AAPL) shares edged up 0.1% to $542.68 after company co-founder Steve Wozniak said the iPhone maker could hit $1,000 a share. Apple shares have risen sharply in 2012, gaining 34.9% year to date, and are up 56.4% over the past year.
Fusion-io (FIO) shares soared 8.7% to $29.67 after Credit Suisse reinstated coverage of the company with an outperform rating and a $50 price target. The firm believes Wall Street's expectations of the company's calendar year 2012 revenue are too low at $386.9 million and believes it has potential to build up to $563 million.
Research In Motion (RIMM) shares sank 4.7% to 13.51 after a Jefferies analyst said the company will likely miss estimates for its fiscal fourth quarter, which ends in February, due to low BlackBerry sales. The company's handset sales continue to be battered by rivals Apple and Google (GOOG).--Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV