NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets rallied Thursday on some encouraging jobless claims data.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 28.23, or 0.22%, to 12,980.30. The S&P 500 gained 8.84, or 0.65%, to 1374.52. The Nasdaq rose 22.08, or 0.74%, to 2988.97.
Joe Terranova said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that he didn't make too much of the whipsaw action in oil after unconfirmed reports of a pipeline explosion in Saudi Arabia. Brent crude shot up to $128 a barrel, while the WTI rose to $109 a barrel.
Brian Kelly agreed, noting the stock market did not pay any attention to the rise in oil prices. "It was hard to hit the sell button when the rest of the data was decent," he said.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV