Level 3 Communications
1-Month Relative Strength: 30.65%
Nearest Resistance: $26Nearest Support: $22 Last up is Level 3 Communications (LVLT), another communications stock that's shown stellar relative strength since the start of the new year; shares have rallied almost 50% since the first trading day of January... Level 3 is currently forming a long-term rounding bottom pattern in shares, a setup indicates a gradual change in sentiment among market participants. The breakout signal for this pattern is a move above the top of the rounding bottom -- that resistance level to watch is currently $26. On a push above that level, I'd recommend putting a protective stop just under the 200-day moving average; it's the nearest support level that could warn that the momentum is broken in LVLT. Level 3 shows up on a list of Telecom Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Relative Strength Trades portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV