1-Month Relative Strength: 35.72%
Nearest Resistance: $77.50Nearest Support: $72.50 That brings us over to Whirlpool (WHR), a stock whose fate just happens to be intertwined with that of Sears. Around 20% of Whirlpool's sales come from Sears' stores, so it's no big surprise that WHR dropped like a rock when Sears posted news about store closings -- or that it rallied back with the firm following its turnaround announcement. Like Sears, Whirlpool is consolidating just under resistance right now, in this case at the $77.50 level. The trading implications are effectively the same in both stocks right now; traders should consider a push above $77.50 resistance a buy signal. Whirlpool, another of the top S&P 500 gainers of the year so far, was one of 19 S&P 500 Laggards That Could Be Leaders in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV