NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Utilities, consumer defensive and communication services are the worst-performing sectors so far this year, according to Morningstar.
Utilities has a total return year-to-date of 3.74%. The consumer defensive sector has a total return of 4.75% so far this year and communication services' total return is 5.37%.
ExelonThis stock is down 8.7% year-to-date. Shares of Exelon reached a 52-week low on Jan. 25 of $38.57. The stock's 52-week high of $45.45 was set on Nov. 9. Exelon has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 13.58; the average for conventional electricity companies is 20.17. For comparison, both Southern (SO) and Dominion Resources (D) have higher forward P/Es of 15.68 and 14.7, respectively. Thirteen of the 20 analysts who cover Exelon rated it hold; seven analysts gave the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Exelon a C+ grade and hold rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV