NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The consumer cyclical, financial services and technology sectors have been the best performs so far in 2012, according to Morningstar.
The consumer cyclical sector has a total return year to date of 17.19%. Financial services returned 16.47% while technology has a total return of 15.87%.
Tata MotorsIndia's largest carmaker has had a 61.54% total return year to date. "We believe that investment case for Tata Motors' Class A shares (or DVRs) has strengthened as current 48% discount to ordinary shares is close to peak since listing as well as highest compared to global companies," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a Feb. 28 report. "We already have a Buy on Tata Motors given its exciting business prospects, but Class-A shares seem a more attractive way to play this theme." The one analyst who covers the company rated it hold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV