NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The consumer cyclical, financial services and technology sectors have been the best performs so far in 2012, according to Morningstar.
The consumer cyclical sector has a total return year to date of 17.19%. Financial services returned 16.47% while technology has a total return of 15.87%.
Tata MotorsIndia's largest carmaker has had a 61.54% total return year to date. "We believe that investment case for Tata Motors' Class A shares (or DVRs) has strengthened as current 48% discount to ordinary shares is close to peak since listing as well as highest compared to global companies," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a Feb. 28 report. "We already have a Buy on Tata Motors given its exciting business prospects, but Class-A shares seem a more attractive way to play this theme." The one analyst who covers the company rated it hold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV