ATLANTA, March 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC), a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, and contact center solutions to support global brands, today announced summary results of a custom SmartHub® benchmark analysis, focused around direct response operations.
SmartHub® is Innotrac's new proprietary benchmarking tool, providing clients and strategic partners with end-to-end intelligence and analysis of the online retail purchase cycle. From the pre-order site experience all the way through the final steps of the returns process, Innotrac's methodology analyzes each important customer touch point, charting merchants on everything from the expedience of confirmation emails, to evaluation of the packaging material used in shipment. Innotrac conducted a custom review of eleven top direct response merchants to compare with its sampling of top eCommerce retailers. Among the key findings of the study:
- The average shipping cost for DR orders was $11.33.
- Three out of the eleven DR orders shipped in 7 or more days , compared with only one in twenty shipments that took as long for eCommerce merchants in the Q4 2011 SmartHub® sample.
- Only one of the eleven DR marketers surveyed offered free shipping, whereas roughly two-thirds of those in the Q4 2011 SmartHub® sample did.
"Free shipping has become a key conversion driver for many eCommerce retailers, but isn't used nearly as often in the direct response sector," said Jon Eggleton, Innotrac's Vice President of Marketing & eCommerce. "That's something that direct response marketers may wish to re-consider if they want to expand their market opportunities."Multi-facility distribution is another way some marketers are able to grow market share. Split inventories have proven to minimize delivery times and freight costs for large volume marketers. For those that do not wish to replicate inventory in more than one location, facilities strategically located in the Ohio River Valley area can typically reach 40% of the country's population within 2-3 days via ground shipping.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV