BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Even though February trading ended on a sour note yesterday, what a month it was for Mr. Market.
All told, February 2012 closed the books with 4.1% gains in the S&P 500, making last month the best February investors had seen in the last 14 years. Yesterday's turn lower came after Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's testimony to the House Financial Services Committee yesterday ignored the possibility for another round of quantitative easing.
Hardest hit was gold, which fell 5% in yesterday's session, after futures tried to test the $1,800 level this week. Clearly, gold bugs had been pricing in the possibility of QE3 for a while now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV