NeoPhotonics Corporation (NYSE: NPTN), a leading designer and manufacturer of photonic integrated circuit, or PIC, based modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high speed communications networks, today announced that it would make the following presentations at the Optical Fiber Conference (OFC) to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, March 5-8, 2012. The presentations describe applications of Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs) in advanced access networks and in next generation reconfigurable optical add drop multiplexer (ROADM) networks.
- Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 3:15-3:45 pm (NTu1J.6), David Piehler, Ph.D., “PICs in PONs” (invited talk) in the session “FTTx Technologies, Deployment and Applications”
- Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 2:15-2:30 pm (NW3F.5), Winston Way, Ph.D., “Optimum Architecture for M×N Multicast Switch-Based Colorless, Directionless, Contentionless, and Flexible-Grid ROADM” in the session “ROADM Network Architectures”
In addition, NeoPhotonics will participate in the following panel discussions:
- Sunday, March 4, 2012, 4:30-7:30 pm (OSu1D), David Piehler, Ph.D., will participate and present a talk entitled “PON Transceiver Modules for the Present and Future” in the Workshop entitled “Energy and Cost-efficient Components and Architectures for Future Optical-Access Systems”
- Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 3:00-5:00 PM (Market Watch), Tim Jenks will participate in the Panel Discussion “Market Trends for Passive Optical Networks”
- Thursday, March 8, 2012, 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM (NTh4J), Winston Way, Ph.D., will participate in the Panel Discussion “100G Deployments”
In addition, NeoPhotonics is showcasing its broad line of active and passive optical components, modules and subsystems for optical network segments, including: Integrated Coherent Receivers (ICR) and Narrow Linewidth Tunable Lasers (NLW-TL) for coherent 40 Gbps and 100Gbps systems; 40Gbps and 100Gbps CFP modules, SFP, SFP+ and XFP transceivers; GPON, GEPON, 10GPON and NGPON OLTs; Athermal Arrayed Waveguide Gratings (AWG); and Multicast Switches, at the OFC/NFOEC Conference and Exposition at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Booth 2200, March 6 - 8, 2012.