NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Communication services, health care and basic materials were the worst-performing sectors in February, according to Morningstar.
Communication services returned 3.16% in February. Health care's total return during the month was 3.26%; basic materials had a total return of 3.59%.
American TowerShares of the wireless and broadcast communications company lost 1.46% in February. Shares of American Tower hit a 52-week high on Feb. 15 of $64.55. The stock's 52-week low of $45.58 was set on March 21. American Tower has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 31.91; the average for mobile telecommunications companies is 19.12. For comparison, MetroPCS (PCS) has a lower forward P/E of 9.3. Twenty-two of the 25 analysts who cover American Tower rated it buy. Two analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives American Tower an A- grade with a buy rating and a $73.82 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV