The Board of Directors of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) has approved an annual dividend of $1.59 per share, approximately a 9 percent increase from the $1.46 per share paid during fiscal year 2012. For the current fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2013, the annual dividend of $1.59 per share will be paid in four quarterly installments of $0.3975 per share, according to the following record and payable dates:
|Record Date||Payable Date|
|March 12, 2012||April 4, 2012|
|May 11, 2012||June 4, 2012|
|Aug. 10, 2012||Sept. 4, 2012|
|Dec. 7, 2012||Jan. 2, 2013|
“We are pleased that the strength of our financial position allows Walmart to again increase our dividend payout to shareholders,” said Mike Duke, Walmart president and chief executive officer. “Our free cash flow continues to fund store growth across all our markets, facilitate strategic acquisitions and deliver returns to shareholders through dividends and share repurchase. We returned $11.3 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchase during fiscal 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV