Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) today reported a 10.2 percent increase in same-store sales for the four-week period ended February 25, 2012 compared with the four-week period ended February 26, 2011. Preliminary total retail sales of $704 million for February 2012 increased 16.2 percent compared with total retail sales of $606 million for the same period in fiscal 2011.
February 2012 included a shift in the timing of a shoe clearance event relative to last year. It improved total February same-store sales by an estimated 200 to 250 basis points and will reduce total March same-store sales by an estimated 150 to 200 basis points.
To hear Nordstrom’s pre-recorded February sales message, please dial (402) 220-6036 beginning today at 8:40 a.m. EST. This recording will be available for one week.
|FEBRUARY SALES RESULTS|
|(unaudited; $ in millions)|
|Total Retail Sales||Same-store Sales|
|Fiscal 2012||Fiscal 2011||Percent Increase||Total||Nordstrom||Nordstrom Rack|
|Number of stores||Feb-12||Feb-11|
|Nordstrom Rack and other||108||89|
|Gross square footage||24,623,000||23,838,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV