Salesforce.com is a battleground stock, with bears and bulls on both sides of the fence. Roth Capital analyst Nathan Schneiderman called salesforce.com "one of the most compelling secular growth stories in the enterprise-software space." He has a buy rating and a $165 price target on the stock. Conversely, Morningstar analyst Sunit Gogia has an $81 fair value on the stock, and Fusion's Brown said he would be selling the stock. The average price estimate on Thomson Reuters is $165.60, so this indicates analysts believe there is still more room to the upside.
Business appears to be exceptionally strong at the cloud specialist. Salesforce CEO Mark Benioff and his team recently confirmed that the company signed its first ever nine-figure deal in the early days of the first quarter. Its previous largest deal was with HP (HPQ).Several large hedge funds added to or initiated stakes during the fourth quarter. Alkeon Capital Management added 235,991 shares, SAC Advisors added over 80,000 shares, and Libra Advisors initiated a position during the quarter. Deutsche Bank analyst Tom Ernst Jr. believes there is significant upside from here, as he raised his price target to $215 from $205 after the most recent quarter. He has a buy rating on shares. Ernst was impressed by the reported billings growth, and noted that "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV