Gap Inc. (NYSE:GPS) today reported that February 2012 net sales increased 6 percent compared with last year.
Net sales for the four-week period ended February 25, 2012 were $874 million compared with net sales of $821 million for the four-week period ended February 26, 2011. The company’s comparable sales for February 2012, which include the associated comparable online sales, were up 4 percent compared with a 3 percent decrease for February 2011.
“We’re pleased we delivered positive comps across our North America businesses during February and that customers responded well to our spring product,” said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Comparable sales for February 2012, including the associated comparable online sales, were as follows:
- Gap North America: positive 1 percent versus negative 1 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 12 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 5 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- International: negative 9 percent versus negative 7 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV