Still, this busted IPO sells for less than half the peak levels it saw soon after its August 2011 IPO. From a recent $9.30, Merrill Lynch says shares should rebound to $16. This target equates to four times projected sales, which is still below the multiples seen by other cloud-based businesses such as Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) and Concur (CNQR).
Risks to Consider: Though investors no longer hold these companies to exceedingly high expectations, they are still expected to grow at a good pace in coming years. Any signs that growth is stalling out should probably seen as a reason to sell the stock.
Action to Take --> The market is full of new dot-com business models that carry high expectations. If you want to ride the dot-com wave, then focus on lesser-priced stocks like these two examples.
David Sterman does not personally hold positions in any securities mentioned in this article. StreetAuthority LLC owns shares of ZIP in one or more if its "real money" portfolios.More from StreetAuthority
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV